The mission of the Karachi Down Syndrome Program is to be recognized as the foremost organization in Karachi for information, networking, and advocacy for and about Down syndrome, by people with Down syndrome and their families, educators, health care professionals, and the community-at-large.
The Karachi Down Syndrome Program envisions a world in which all people with Down syndrome are accepted, included and are given the opportunity to enhance their quality of life, realize their life aspirations and become valued members of welcoming communities.
As the primary advocate of people with Down syndrome in Karachi, KDSP intends to conduct activities such as:
– Raising general awareness about Down syndrome through electronic and social media campaigns, distribution of material in schools, hospitals, public events, etc.
– Holding teacher training workshops and seminars to facilitate mainstream schooling of children with Down syndrome
– Educating parents through theme based meetings and events
– Creating a resource library containing information and research relating to Down syndrome
– Events in which people with Down syndrome can participate in, in order to promote an inclusive society including melas and galas, music & art classes, etc.
– Providing Early Intervention Support for children with Down syndrome